As we may have realized, through Rati Beauty diet program, losing weight is not an impossible task – you can drop extra kilos and trim that waistline if you get determined and eat mindfully, indulging in a bit of physical activity regularly. In order achieve and sustain weight loss, one must make lifestyle changes and not look at short-term goals of losing 5 to 10 kg and then falling back to old habits. With weight loss, the correct attitude is important. In this post, we talk about 10 Weight Loss Attitudes you Must Change to See Positive Results. Often, we get obsessed about losing weight and panic whenever a golden rule gets broken. However, don’t fret, breaking some weight loss rules can actually benefit you, just don’t be a repeat offender 😛 In this post we list out 10 weight loss rules that you can break sometimes.
14 Golden Weight Loss Rules to Stick By:
1. Stick to Low GI (Glycemic Index) Food Items: As we have mentioned previously, insulin resistance is a major factor why a majority of women fail to lose weight. Eating foods with high glycemic index can cause insulin spikes which leads to storing of extra calories as fat in the body. Pick foods with low glycemic index (less than 55) to lose weight effectively. Some examples of low GI foods are apple, chickpeas, lentils, soy beans, brown rice, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, onion, radish, spinach, sweet potato, yam, etc.
2. Go Low on Salt/Sodium: Salt has quite a bad name in weight loss circles because high levels of sodium is often linked to high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease, and increase in weight gain. However, more than white salt in home-cooked food, most people are unaware that they get high sodium intake in the form of processed and junk food. If you want to lose any weight at all, go low on salt and sodium levels.
3. No frequent snacking: Insulin, which is a fat-storing hormone too, tells the body cells to store fat and also prevents breakdown of fat. Frequent snacking raises insulin levels in the body and too many insulin spikes through the day will result in creation of new fat cells. Restrict snacking to just twice a day, without indulging in high-calorie food. Opt for healthy snacks like apple and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, or even peanuts.
4. Follow the correct diet and eating routine: Eating less is not always the right way to lose weight, you need to follow diet routine to effectively lose weight. Follow Rati Beauty diet programs which teach you what to eat and when to eat, and above all, to lose weight the healthy way.
5. Lift Weight to Lose Weight: There’s no use running on the treadmill for hours together if you are not lifting weights. The best way to lose weight is by combining cardio with lifting weights and also HIIT (high intensity interval training) exercises such as jumping jacks, crunches, squats, push ups, burpees, lunges, plank, etc).
6. Get enough sleep: Get enough sleep during the night because spending too much time on the phone at night, Netflix binge, etc., can disturb your sleep pattern leading to slow metabolism, increase in hunger hormone (ghrelin), decrease in fullness hormone (leptin), increased cortisol level leading to fat storage, and decreased insulin sensitivity. Follow a strict sleep schedule, avoid using phone late into the night, and finish your last meal before 7 pm to get better sleep.
7. Maintain a Food Journal/Diary: It’s one of the best decisions that you can make to effectively lose weight. Maintain a food diary and jot down every food item that you have taken that day. Count the calories and get rid of anything which is high calorie, high sodium, and low in nutrient value.
8. Drink Enough Water through the day: We cannot stress enough how water can do amazing things for your body, including aiding in weight loss. Keep your body hydrated to boost sluggish metabolism and also to get rid of weight retention and bloating.
9. Eat Metabolism-Boosting Foods: In the end, what matters the most in weight loss, is a healthy metabolism. A high metabolism will help in quick burning of calories through the day. Almonds, green tea, green vegetables, whole grains are some examples of metabolism-boosting foods. Here are 9 Ways to Speed Metabolism to Lose Weight.
10. Eat high-protein food: Protein in the diet increases the levels of the satiety hormones in the body, also reduces appetite, thereby also reducing the hunger hormone. In order to lose weight fast, you need to consume more protein and less of carbohydrates and fats.
11. Keep one cheat meal a week: You are allowed to cheat once a week from healthy eating. Just remember to get back to healthy eating after that. A cheat meal (not cheat day) will not only help you to satisfy all your cravings, it will also help to kickstart your metabolism back again if it has become low.
12. Check out all white refined items from your diet: Absolutely refrain from “white” from your diet – that means no refined sugar, white salt, white flour, etc.
13. Bring in more fiber: A high-fiber rich diet is great for digestion and weight loss. Fiber helps you to keep fuller for longer, lowers cholesterol, and controls sharp spike in insulin levels. Here are some high-fiber items that you can include in your diet.
14. Say no to artificial sweeteners: You are wrong if you think artificial sweeteners will lead to weight loss because some studies have linked artificial sweeteners to weight gain and even metabolic disorders. Instead of artificial sweeteners, here’s a list of healthy replacements for refined sugar.
8 Weight Loss Rules you Can Break Sometimes:
- It’s okay to skip cardio workout a few days in a week: With the gyms still unaccessible, a lot of people are having panic episodes thinking about their cardio routines on treadmill and the negative impact it’s going to have on their weight loss. However, doing cardio alone does not guarantee weight loss, mixing it with HIIT, strength training, and functioning training will do the trick. Even otherwise, cardio everyday of the week is not recommended, mixing all forms of exercise leads to weight loss.
- You can have that piece of cake and eat too (once in a week): Who said you can only dream of cakes and muffins while you are trying to lose weight. In fact, you can have a piece of cake once a week with your cheat meal. You are allowed to cheat once a week and take a break from healthy eating. A cheat meal helps to kickstart sluggish metabolism and tricks your mind into believing that food is available and it’s okay to burn fat at a higher rate.
- It’s okay to eat carbs on a daily basis: Not all carbs are bad! If you dread all kind of carbs, it’s okay to indulge in complex carbs that actually help to lose weight by regulating blood sugar levels and keeping you full for longer. What you should be dreading are refined and simple carbs such as white sugar, refined flour, which cause sharp spikes in insulin levels and creation of new fat cells.
- It’s okay not to have a heavy breakfast: People still stick to “eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a queen.” This saying has become outdated and no longer breakfast needs to be heavy to fuel you through the day. In fact, you can even skip breakfast and go and directly have a good lunch during some days of the week.
- Avoid full-fat products: Some people dread full fat products during dieting. Most food items that are marketed as “low fat” and “fat free” replace fat content with loads of carbs that when not used as energy, get stored as fat in the body, particularly, around the waist, resulting in belly fat. Therefore, excessive sugar and carbs are major contributors to obesity than healthy fats.
- Strictly count calories: It’s okay to let go of the obsession to count calories in every bite you take, once in a while. If you have lost track on calorie count on some days, do not worry, practice portion control on that day. Here’s how you can do that.
- Eat only salad all through the day: Follow Rati Beauty diet to get right amount of nutrition and lose weight in the process. Eating only salad will deprive your body of a lot of nutrients.
- Stay away from all forms of sugar: The sugar in fruits, gets processed, as any other sugar, and it’s not advisable in the evening or with your dinner, because they have carbs. But fruits have naturally-occurring sugar and are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and precious fiber which is so essential to lose weight.
- Eat meals on scheduled timings: If you are rigid with your meal timings, it’s okay to let your guards off on some days and relax. On such days, rather than worrying about missed timings, concentrate on calorie counting and portion control.
- Go low salt: People often blame “salt” as the main culprit behind their weight gain, and cut back heavily on salt, but in reality, salt is required in moderation for good health and the smooth running of bodily functions. Eat salt in moderation to avoid thyroid disorders and other hormonal imbalances. These are some of the best salt types for dieting and weight loss.
Why Low Fat and Fat Free products are not Good for Weight Loss
Which Salt is Good for Dieting and Weight Loss
How to Consume Fenugreek Seeds For Weight Loss
Smoothies for Weight Loss and Problem-Free Skin
How to Consume Wheatgrass For Weight Loss